Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Constructing a Wood Plank Fence

Well, there’s a lot to do this week, so I’m going to jump straight to that. I am going to replace our standard iron and wood fencing with a board aboard the feds with a nice cover and pop molding. I will use the previously dyed cedar material that I bought from a local fencing supplier and it was actually cheaper to obtain the previously dyed material than to obtain the material, eh, and separately. So definitely investigate that if you are looking to replace your fence. Now we were very lucky with the previous owner of the house because he installed a footer of concrete, the entire perimeter of the fence, which measures approximately 290 feet and also installed three and a half inch steel posts. So immediately, saving a lot of money because we are not going to have to replace any of the posts, however, they should be extended so that the board on board valley all the support you need. And that’s where I’m going to start.

First I had to go to all the polls and remove the PVC cover that was placed on them. Now, unfortunately, all these surveys are not cut at the same height, so what I did was grab a stick and cut it exactly 73 inches and put a tape measure to be able to hold it next to the pole and quickly read how tall each extension should be. Now to really cut the extensions, I’m going to use my Triton multi-stack for support and a Fencing Company Las Vegas band to make the cuts. This Porter band was really cool because I think most people are familiar with Porter’s bands, but Milwaukee’s support makes it a stationary unit, so all I had to do was secure the piece of pipe and then make the cut. And when I was using this I didn’t apply much pressure. I would just let them wait or the tool would advance the cut for me. Now, of course, I am using three-and-a-half-inch diameter tubes and sew on what my posts are already. But if it has a smaller diameter, you can find the corresponding material.

After cutting each extension, I would go ahead and place it on the post for which it was intended and only verify that it was up to the task and needed it with so many surveys. It took me three joints and material to get all the extensions. I try to find shade whenever I can and eventually even lift a stool to rest my feet. As I am going to weld these extensions, I will need access to all the publications. So I grabbed my circular saw and cut some pickets behind each post. Now these posts are painted silver. They are not galvanized. But with that said, I had to go through a grinder and grind a little of the paint, so I want to contaminate the weld.

https://sites.google.com/view/a1fenceandgaterepairlv



from
https://a1fencelv.wordpress.com/2019/12/04/constructing-a-wood-plank-fence/

from https://lasvegasfencecompany.blogspot.com/2019/12/constructing-wood-plank-fence.html

from
https://lasvegasfence.tumblr.com/post/189468030842

No comments:

Post a Comment